Thursday, October 18, 2012

Our future: 3D printing

Ever heard of 3D printing? I once saw a docu about it at Dutch TV for 2 years ago. I have to admit I don't know a lot about it, but the machine can print layer per layer of gel or liquids so that you can make a vase for example. In the future it may be possible to print your own designed furniture. Think about that!
At the moment I googled some about this 3D printing and saw that the Dutch store 'De Bijenkorf' is going to sell a Cube3D for a (reduced) price, 1050 euro. They say it's possible to make small pieces of plastic like plugs, toys or cups with a shape you like. Click on the link of Cube3D and see for yourself.

And now the point I wanted to make, there are already 3D printers for awesome jewellery! SENESENSE sells jewellery by metal printing. How cool is that? She describes her style as minimalist, sharp and geometric. It's still for a more expensive price, but a real killer to have those. I hope in the future I can design it myself and never have to look for the perfect jewellery for my wedding or whatever.








No comments:

Post a Comment