Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Leuven/Brussel 4-7 Nov.

This weekend I went to Brussels with Bas. The weather was perfect for a day of walking and act like a real tourist. So we took some pictures of buildings and whatever and from ourselves. We didn't had any map or other information about the big big city, but we just followed the signs through the centre to cute squares, Manneken Pis, some churches and a romantic garden of statues. I was reaaaally fond of the vintage shop I found along the way, it was kind of cheap, very organised and the people seemed young too (that helps right?). The only thing I was thinking was that I had to buy something, but afterwards I didn't because I hope to come back soon and Bas said they're looking for a assistant manager, so I can work there and shop at the same time, ghehe. Best combination ever. Just realising that I forgot to take a picture of that great clothing store, what a pity..
But not buying clothes means also that there is more money left for drinking special Belgian beer and eat a very good pasta with scampi's. I was sooo hungry, but I couldn't finish my plate.. I felt guilty, so Bas ate the rest of it. Nice, haha.

After a great day of being outside and act like a tourist, we slept for almost 12 hours and had a Sunday like they should be. Singing karaoke, doing nothing, but talking, eat, drink, the only things we had to do or wanted to do. Also the weather knew it was Sunday, haha.

When I came back from a small holiday, I first had a great dinner with my sweet friends and had a wine tasting at one of them at home!! I ordered 2 bottles of wine. Today I didn't have a headache and got back to work. After those boring hours I got back to the stress I will feel till I will leave the Netherlands, and maybe in Bangkok too.. Think of floods.. think of diseases, wow, not really a holiday right?

Here some pictures from Brussels and other pics. See the contrast in some of them. That's Brussels.






Look for Manneken Pis in this great crowd!

Leuven, the city I'm going to study.. Waaah

Great wine tasting with good food!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous city! I really hope I will visit someday!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is! Thx for your comment Plami.

    ReplyDelete